Google’s Postmaster tools are a set of tools that you use to track your domain reputation, spam rate, email authentication, and other important email deliverability data. Postmaster tools are hands down the best way to find out how well your emails are delivering, and diagnosing and correcting deliverability issues for Gmail.
Fortunately, these tools are easy to set up. It takes just a few minutes. That’s no exaggeration.
Setting Up Google Postmaster Tools
The entire process is only about five total steps. The only prerequisite is that you have a Gmail address. You’ll need it to login and use the Postmaster Tool.
If you have an email address, here’s what you need to do to setup Google Postmaster Tools:
- Start at google.postmaster.com. Use your Gmail account to login.
- Click the red “+” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Type in the domain that you use to authenticate your email.
For example, to add Rejoiner to Google Postmaster tools, you might use email.rejoiner.com as the authentication domain.
- Click next. This will prompt you to verify that you own the domain. Google will generate a string of text in the box labeled, “txt record.” Copy that text.
- For the last step, you’ll need access to your DNS record. If you have access, you can do this step yourself. Otherwise, you may need to work with your domain administrator or your IT team.
Once you’ve verified that you own the domain, you’ll be able to see all the Google Postmaster dashboards, with data about your domain’s sender reputation, email deliverability stats, and a whole bunch of other useful information. Here’s an example:
These dashboards will give you all the information you need to assess how well emails from your domain will place in the inbox, and you’ll be ready to start maximizing your email deliverability.
What to Do Now
Ready to get the best email deliverability rates? Learn all about email deliverability.
Did you find this post about Google Postmaster Tools useful? Subscribe for most articles just like this.
Request a demo to see how Rejoiner can help you get the best email deliverability rates and create an email marketing program that generates profit.